Friday, February 26, 2010

Is it strange we consider this good news?

I guess when you've gone through what we have, our perception of "good news" may be strange to some.

I spoke with a geneticist yesterday and after reviewing the fetal tissue, he concluded that there is absolutely no reason to have any concern that there is something genetically wrong with Brian or I. He feels our loss was a "fluke", Mother Nature's way...

Our baby had Turner's Syndrome- a chromosomal defect that affects girls only. 80% of these pregnancies do not make it to birth. In the grand scheme of life I am thankful it ended at 9 weeks, not 9 months. That would be a whole different bucket of grief.

We met with our RE as well yesterday- and World, I did not even cry! I deserve some sort of prize for that. I think they were all waiting for it, and couldn't figure out why we were in good spirits.

I've made peace with this loss in the aspect that God took from me something that wasn't meant to be. And I agree with his decision. That doesn't make the disappointment any less, that doesn't make the knot in my throat or emptiness in my heart any less, but I understand.

We have a new plan underway for Baby Dew Attempt #4 and I pray with all that I am we make it through with our love, sanity and a healthy pregnancy.

No comments: