Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

Valentine's Day was a nice one for the BDews...slept in until 8:45...lunch with the rents at Brewery Bar...Olympics...yum-o dinner courtesy of Tony's Meats. And most importantly, a great love to celebrate.

Dinner at our dining room table, which rarely occurs. The table and dogs were very confused:

Gift #1- Brian's dad, Tom Dew, passed away when Bri was 18 months old. We were sent these photos so I had a mat cut to size and framed them.

Gift #2- The BRILLIANT gift I mentioned in an earlier post. I got a bit worried with all the "hype" around this gift and pondered if I had gotten too big for my britches to make such a declaration?! Ultimately I've decided it is pretty wonderful. Under the supervision of my Creative Director Kari, we created this masterpiece....a shadow box filled with all of our wedding memorbilia! Our handwritten vows, the sheet music to our 1st dance, invites, photos, wedding program, honeymoon ticket stubs, etc.



(As a total sidenote, check out the photos of the boys taken by our wedding photographer during our family photo shoot in Nov. Are they not the most darling things you've ever seen? www.trystanphotography.com)

Our Song:

BLESS THE BROKEN ROAD:


I set out on a narrow way, many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
Yes He did

I think about the years I spent, just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost, and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there, you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

But now I'm just rolling home into my lover's arms
This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

No comments: