Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day 2007 has always been a joke between Brian and I...our first Valentine's Day was not much to write home about. We had met in December '06 and than in January Brian tried to break up with me. We were apart 2 weeks, and when he could not longer resist, re-appeared with flowers and a memorable night at Wash Park Grill.

As that first Valentine's Day approached, Brian, who was still shaky about this whole "relationship" thing declared on night, "Um, well, um, um,um, can we not make a big deal out of this Valentine's Day? I don't like the day, and um, well, um, since we are just figuring things out, well, um...." I, of course agreed.

Driving home that night I laughed at this poor boy who was trying so hard to not recognize our relationship, that I decided in true 'Bree Fashion' I would make him sorry he was being such a baby. On Valentine's Day I decorated his door with tons of banners and left a huge bunch of red and pink balloons in front of his garage so he would have to get out of his car to move them to enter. I laughed all day...see if he ever tries to downplay a Holiday again (which, btw, he never has)

So, as this Valentine's Day is approaching, I was trying to think of what we should do, where we should go to dinner? Those thoughts are always quickly dampened by the fact we shouldn't be wasting money on such silly things when we have new floors and medical bills that need our attention. That said, I came up with the most BRILLIANT Valentine's Day gift- in fact, it is a dual gift, for both of us. So Bri, don't get me anything this year, as that I am getting something for both of us to share.

I am only sorry I have to wait 2 weeks to share my brilliance with him!

No comments: