Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Meet Ozzie, my new boyfriend



Meet Ozzie, our new foster. Little Daphne was adopted this week, and Lindsay happened to mention an old man was coming into rescue. After sending his pathetic picture to Brian, Bri said we could bring him in (another reason why I love my hubby)

Ozzie arrived tonight. Nervous, skinny, starving, bad hips and two uuuugly skin tags hanging off his belly. He has swollen feet and big knots on his elbows. He was found as a stray, clearing living a hard time.

He has an adorable face, and our dogs don't seem to mind his presence at all. He came in, ate some dinner and is now dead asleep after a long ride today from Kansas. I am anxious to get him to the vet for his hips, but we already got pain meds on board tonight.

Why people continue to think dogs are disposable is beyond me...but I feel lucky to him this boy out!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Good God Bree! How many dogs are actually living in your house right now? Thankfully there are wonderful people like you (and Bri) in the world to give these beautiful dogs a chance at a good life.