Thursday, October 21, 2010

You never know ...

So on Monday I was on the receiving end of a sad email and phone call...both revolving around miscarriage and failed IVF attempts. The news is so devastating, I know how it is to not to know how to deal with the disappointment and grief. I know exactly how these two women feel.

As soon as I was off the phone, I declared " I don't even want to do it again!"....just the thought of all of those feelings being stirred up again was enough to make me throw in the towel before we even really began.

As I walked into the kitchen I saw an envelope with the return address of someone in our new member's class at Greenwood Community Church (The BDews become official members this weekend!). In it, was the most thoughtful letter I've ever received. It was from a woman who went out of her way to let me know how much she was touched by our story. How our story affected her and the post partum depression she is suffering from-----which kinda surprised me because how could this beautiful woman, with the cute husband and adorable baby have any problems? She went on to say she was humbled by our story and it put some perspective back into her life. How cool is that?

So, I guess you never know how you affect other people. I was just telling my sob story and had no clue it would affect someone else enough to write a 1 page letter of thanks, prayer and support.

It felt good to the soul.

1 comment:

hossfamily said...

No matter the heartache, you survive. The tears and sorrow follow in your hear, but never take it over. You have strength to it again, dear friend. And many hands to hold through the journey. Here's to 2011: the Year of the Baby, however they come into our lives.