Friday, October 22, 2010

A Good Egg

I married a good egg. Kind, thoughtful, generous, loyal and loving. Never before have I been so loved. Never before have I ever felt so secure and safe in a relationship.

Trying to have a baby has been a stress. Even the strongest of marriages don't go unscathed.We've had our rough patches but we always quickly bounce back, a trait that we are both thankful for.


The last 5 month break from TTC has been great for us. It's given us perspective, it's given us time to re-evaluate. We have relaxed, we have had fun. It has given us hope again.


We are getting very close to next steps, and have a well laid plan. But this well laid plan involves another medical procedure, which means my body is going to put through the ringer again. I am getting more anxious about it.

Being the good friend and husband he is, he came to me last night to ask if I wanted to change our game plan. Did I want to go straight to adoption? He explained he realizes what a toll it takes on me and his priority is "us" first, baby second. He wants a baby that is from us, but what he wants more is a happy and healthy wife.

As a wife, I so appreciated the gesture. It will always be "us" first, and I love him for that. Because, without "us", there would be no want for a baby. That said, for "us" I am willing to move forward, I am willing to take the risk of disappointment and heartache...this one last time.

And, if it doesn't work I know we will get through the pain. I know we will recover...we've done it before and together, we can do it again. And if things don't go the way we plan, I will accept the fact that HE has all along had a different plan and HE was just waiting for us to figure it out and be ready.

I love you very much, Babycakes!

No comments: