Sunday, October 31, 2010

AFA

My parents have been season ticketholders to AFA games since I was 11 years old. It is how we spent every fall Saturday...either at the Academy or traveling with the team. It is where my Dad taught us the game.


Me and my Mom...23 years after we began tailgating at AFA games


Nik is married to an AFA grad, and now have the same tradition as we did as kids. Her boys love the games, and they tailgate in the same spot as my parents. Bri and I went down for last nights game and had a great time. It was cool to see the same tradition of fun being passed onto the kids.

I also had to smile that the Mulloys are now part of Nik's regular tailgating crew. Brian came into our lives as a 18 yrs old freshman cadet at the AFA. He fell in love with our favorite other cadet, Julie....they are now parents to 3 and live down the street from Nik. Let's also not forget Nik and I both believe that Julie is one of the funniest people to ever walk the face of earth.

Julie and 4 mo old Connor...who Coop suggested I adopt since Brian and Julie "have two more at home!"





I loves sharing the "AFA Experience" with Brian and can't wait til we can start driving down with our kids for games!











No comments: