Monday, August 9, 2010

730 Days


It's how many days I've been known as Mrs Dew.

It's how many days I've been married to my best friend.

It's how many days I've spent working on the most important relationship I've ever had.

It's how many days I've spent realizing I'm not perfect, he's not perfect, life isn't a fairy tale, marriage isn't always easy, it's not always pretty, you don't always get what you want...

but it's also how many days I've spent knowing the best decision I will ever make for myself was to marry Brian.

It's also how many days knowing he is worth it all. He is worth taking a deeper look at myself and fixing what needs fixing

It's how many days, for the first time in my life, I've been able to be completely myself with another person and still loved at the end of the day. ..even with a red-hot "wicked" quick temper and lack of patience.

730 days is just the beginning. There is so much more to do, so much more to learn. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary Bree and Brian, and congratulations on making it through all that you've experienced with a deeper, more appreciative love for each other. I'm remembering your wedding today and wishing I got to see you all more often.