Monday, March 1, 2010

We thought we were 21 again....

Saturday afternoon Nik, our mom and I hosted a baby shower for Julie. I first met Julie on a beach in Mazatlan in 1994, she went to the AFA and was friends with "our cadet" Brian. We all became great friends through the years the boys were at AFA, as did our families. Julie and Brian married 6 or 7 years ago, and we were thrilled when they decided to move back to Colorado, and for that matter, down the street from Nik and Mike this past December.

This is Baby #3 for Jules, so a Diaper Shower we had.

After the everyone left, Nik and I created our own party by breaking out the old home videos circa 1997. And by old home videos, I mean the 1st year I was out of college and living on my own, Trix's 21st b-day, etc. I have not laughed that hard in so long. I was hiccuping and slapping the arm of the chair til my hand hurt.

By the time Mike got home from a hockey game with the boys, Nik and I were well on our way. The Munger girl laugh filled the house. The boys were shaking their heads at us. And than, sweet Cooper busted out with the funniest imitation of our laughs ever! So much so, I grabbed the camera to document it for Uncle Brian. It was spot on.




When we finally decided to call it a night and I headed downstairs to bed, I grabbed my phone to call Bri to say goodnight. I was shocked at what my phone said, "2:14am"- WTH? I thought it was 11 or so!

When we woke on Sunday morning, we headed to brunch to celebrate Granny's 91st birthday. Nik and I were basically comatose on the couch. When we got back to Denver, I took a 1.5 hour nap. Now, it is Monday and I am still fully exhausted.

I guess I am not made of what I was back in the "fun days". This is one old lady.

I had a ton of fun, even when the night calmed down and the talk turned to ill fathers and mothers, moving on, and the what-if's of life. Sometimes a night of CL and family is just what the doctor ordered

2 comments:

Nikki said...

What a good night. Celebrating Julie's new baby on the way...then re-living our old college days via old "camcorder" films...and probably a little too much Coors Light. Good times.

mulloys said...

Oh, I am laughing out loud about the 2:14... amazing how late it can get when you're really havin' fun! Hmmm. the beach in Mexico was our first meet up?