Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Skinny Gina

Last week while in CT, I learned a lot about gluten free eating. While I am still not sure what gluten free is (even tho I asked Becky everyday to explain it again), I was quite intrigued with all these different types of flours, cheeses, breads and french fries I had never heard of before. I was also secretly intrigued because Becky and her Hubby have lost 20 plus lbs!

Anyhoo, Becky turned me onto "Skinny Gina"- that's not her name, nor is it the official name of the website, but for some reason this is the name that sticks. Skinny Gina has delicious Weight Watcher recipes!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Brian and I aren't quite ready for a gluten free home, but we are loving the recipes I've been cooking this week from my new friend, Skinny Gina.,

This week we've had lime shrimp with zucchini fries, garlic/lime porkchops with spinach rice and roasted broccoli and tonight we are having zucchini turkey boats and "skinny" mashed potatoes. I also stole Becky's organizational tool of meal planning, which entails me writing down the weeks' meal and the grocery list. It actually worked and I reference hte darn thing a lot since I can never remember what I am cooking next! We'll see how long I can keep up this Suzy Homemaker routine.

As usual, Brian's weight loss is leaps years ahead of mine---he has lost 17lbs and I am around 6lbs..oh well, clothes are fitting better and the gym is still my worst enemy/best friend.

Check out Skinny Gina!

1 comment:

Ella's Mom said...

LOVE Gina!!
Glad to hear that I was so inspirational in your food prep endeavors :-)
I find that my week goes so much more smoothly when I know what's for dinner every night ahead of time.