Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day

Our long weekend got off to a rocky start with a migraine of all migraines on Friday night- I got two hours of sleep so I am still not sure how I got through Saturday. We had a great bbq Saturday with these people:
This guy was not afraid to strap on an apron, even after he became the butt of a few jokes ( lead mostly my non other than yours truly!):
We woke up on Sunday and drove to the mountains. It's one of our favorite things to do: Bri gets to drive listening to his music of choice and I get to take a nap. Win-Win for the BDews! We stopped by my parents condo for lunch and took a quick trip to the lake to watch Uncle Woody try to fish with his remote controlled boat.

We came back down the mountain, rushed off to see 'Angels and Demons", and now Brian is off to get sushi for us for dinner.

As I was sitting here, I looked out my window and saw a car driving down our street with American Flags attached to both windows. It made me stop and think about what this weekend is really about, while the bbq's and naps in the car are fun, it is really about the Soldiers who gave their lives so I could enjoy such trivial things.


The Military, Soldiers and Patriotism are all very important backbones of the Munger family. Nothing makes the Munger girls burst into tears quicker than stories related to the military personnel and their families.


I know we are thankful that "our" loved ones came home safe- Brian, Julie, Danny, Matt, Mike, Rob and all the other AFA peeps that have graced our lives. And while I pray for soldiers safety each night, I will say an extra prayers for those who didn't come home.

No comments: