Sunday, June 12, 2011

7 Hours

That's how long it took me to drive back from Lincoln, NE today. On the way back, I drove solo. I wondered all weekend how I would ever fill the time.

While it wasn't my idea of a great time, I can't tell you the last time I had 7 hours of silence just to think. I played my music super loud, I stopped 4 times just to pee thanks to my pregnant bladder, I prayed, I thought about my Dad (a lot), I cried, I thought about the baby, I even found myself in deep thought about labor for which I concluded I want to skip.

I realized during my drive that I am still stuck when it comes to my Dad...I am still stuck in the illness and in the death. What I think about most is the last 12 days we had with him. I also realized that I am sure this will pass, and with time, I will be able to focus on his life and not just on his death. Wouldn't Dr Phil be proud?

We aren't movin on yet, I think we are just still movin' through.

No comments: