Monday, November 8, 2010

Mom

We celebrated my Mom's birthday on Saturday. I forgot my camera...weird, I know. So here's a picture of my pretty Mom at Easter.


I am pretty sure my Mom was put on this earth to be a Mother and a Grandmother. She takes nothing as seriously as she does being mine and Nik's Mom and the boy's Grandmother. She always tells me " I am not right if you're not right!"...so you might imagine she has taken our infertility struggle as bad as we have. She prays and prays. She has the boys pray. She pays for my acupuncture. She tells me all the time she has hope and just knows I will be a Mom someday. Many times she is my only voice of hope.

She has also taken Brian on as her own. Always curious about his job, how he is doing in school, if he has gotten his flu shot and often offers to help us pay for his voice over classes and demo tape. We always tell her "No", but she always says she will always do whatever she can to make our lives better..because that's what a Mom does. I also think she is so thankful someone is taking such good care of her baby girl.

Nik and I realize how close our family is can be "weird" to some people (ie, Brian and Mike when they first joined us), but I don't know where I would be without my family. They are really the backbone to who I am. They are the ones who make me laugh the most. They are the ones who, at times, drive me insane. They are who I turn to when I need support. My mom created that for me and I am so thankful for that.

Happy Birthday, Mom!


No comments: