Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Unfair

I determined long ago life is unfair. It doesn’t make sense. It hurts. I sometimes get caught up in all of that and forget to be so happy for what I DO have.

Late last year I was gently reminded of that when my sister’s friend lost her battle with cancer, leaving behind her adoring husband and two young boys.

Sunday I was reminded of this again when I got the very sad news that 4 yr old Samantha had passed away. It was a shock to all. My good friend Heidi is great friends with Sam’s Mom, Heather. Over the years I’ve gotten to know Heather, and have always thought she is such a cool, classy lady. She’s a great writer (http://www.samsmom-heathers.blogspot.com/), super kind & thoughtful and a Champion for all things Samantha.

Samantha’s family has been heavy on my mind this week. I can’t even pretend to have any sort of understanding of what they are going through. What I do know is that no parent should ever have to bury their own child. Unfair doesn’t even seem to scratch the surface.

Brian and I will be there to celebrate Sam’s life on Saturday.

Thank you, Samantha, for yet another reminder to live in the day and really love the ones you love.

No comments: