Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Let me introduce myself

Meet Dot. She's 8, deaf, has bad eyes, big hips and was kept in a tiny dog run by a backyard breeder. He died, and only than did any of his dogs find any peace.

She's been in rescue for 5 weeks. I've been stalking her the entire time. I've been talking to Brian about her the entire time. I've been forcing Brian to look, and than re-look, at her pictures the entire time. Brian and I even laid in bed one night trying to come up with the perfect old lady name because she came in with the name "Mama". We laughed when we came up with Dot.

The opportunity came up for Dot to be transported to Colorado and Brian was kind enough to say we could take her in.

I asked him the other night, "Aren't you so happy Dot is here?", and he replied, "I am happy you are so happy" ( Don't worry Dot, you'll have him wrapped around your finger in no time!And I did notice you in his lap when I came home last night! That's a great sign)

Here is a pic of our newest house guest after Bri took her for a walk.

No comments: