Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Us!




1 year...Today marks the the 1 year anniversary of what I consider "The Best Day of My Life"...my wedding day.

When I think back to August 9, 2008 I literally smile inside. Surrounded by those that mean the most to you, the excitement of the pre-wedding nervouseness, the dress, my girls, the reception, and most importantly the excitement of finally becoming Mrs Brian Dew.

"The Best Day of My Life" quickly was followed by a honeymoon of a lifetime. Again, smiling inside just thinking of it. We did not have a care in the world...other than eachother.

Without knowing it, Bri and I were quickly moving into what I think I will always consider one of the hardest years of our lives. We put ourselves through a lot in our first year of marriage. You don't go through the things we've gone through without it affecting a relationship. But here's the funny part, we are stronger for it. Sure, we snapped at each other, maybe a few meltdowns, lots of tears, but also a lot of love and laughter.

We are celebrated our day with dinner and drinks downtown last night, and had a full day today. Breakfast at Deli Tech, A trip to the Denver Zoo, and a movie. We will wrap up our celebration with a little BBQ for two.
I am married to my best friend who is my greatest supporter and my favorite "rock". I can't remember my life without him.
Bri and an elephant's ass...makes me laugh

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations! Your wedding was such a wonderful day, and we are so happy you and Bri found each other.

Nikki said...

Happy Anniversary B-Dews. You two were meant to be!