Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baby making has a new look...

Brian and I met with our new RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) today. He was confident, almost cocky, but Bri and I agree that confidence is usually born of success, so we will take all he has to give us if it means he is successful in giving us a baby!

He is in full agreement with my OB that IVF is the only solution for us. He has the highest success rate of IVF in the state and said with my age and diagnosis, he would only suggest implanting 2 eggs-which is a huge relief to us as that having a show on TLC with our 14 kids is not something we are going for! Seriously though, we liked his practical approach. He also said nothing in our scenario was out of the ordinary in terms of his medical experience.

He prescribed some meds for me to start right away to help with the PCOS. He drew blood on both of us and has also referred Brian to a Medical Endocrinologist to figure out the source of some other issues that Brian is having. Our plan is to meet again 3 weeks. At that time, we will have the results of all the bloodwork and will fill out the paperwork to join their IVF program.

We have a lot to figure out in the next 3 weeks- a large portion of that will be the financial aspect. But I do feel much better now about the whole situation, which is a plus.

I suspect we won't get around to the actual procedure until March or April, but will know more in a few weeks.

Keep those good thoughts and prayers coming...

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Good news is you are getting some answers & moving in the right direction! It will happen for you 2 - maybe not the way you had planned. But, as with all things in life, we aren't in control. Gotta roll with the punches...you 2 will be wonderful parents!

mulloys said...

Bree, I'm so glad you're on the train to making it happen! I am jealous if you have twins- I've always wanted twins! My advice: don't do it on April 3rd, that equals a Xmas due date! Prayers and Positive thoughts headed your way!

Ella's Mom said...

As always, I'm keeping all my crossables crossed for much success with everything. Can't wait to meet my twin niece & nephew :-) Love you both.