Thursday, January 22, 2009

34 and Counting...


I turn 34 tomorrow. My mom called me tonight to recount to me again, the story of my birth...how my dad was eating Chinese food, and how she was too exhausted to tell him it was making her sick...How the tv show ' The Waltons' was blaring in the backgroun...How she considers me a miracle...How she thinks I will always be her baby, no matter what...How she believes, deep in her heart of hearts, that I will have a baby of my own...

I celebrated tonight with my friends. Kari hosted. The Condon's and The Wennbergs helped celebrate.

Knowing I love flowers, Linds and Colin got me these:
Kari, Jasper and Kenai got me this very meaningful gift, that made me cry:

I adore my friends.


Knowing that we need a weekend away from reality, Brian has planned fun weekend for us at the Kirby Ranch, outside of Vail. Travis and Lindsay have offered to open up their new home to us, where we plan to do some snow mobiling, sip some wine and enjoy one another. I can't wait to meet Colton and new baby Beau.

I hope my next 34 years are as blessed as my first!





1 comment:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday my dear. I wish I could be there to help you celebrate. Have a wonderful day!