Monday, December 22, 2008

I can't believe this still works..

As seen in a previous post, I had Cooper and Jack on Sunday. Right as I was getting into the shower, a brawl erupted over a batman toy. I yelled for them to stop, and instead of stopping, they burst into the bathroom to tattle on one another.

Now, I must admit my sweet Coopey was really the problem here as that he was totally out of control...screaming, crying...and poor Jack was looking at me as he body blocked himself from Cooper's hits. I stuck my head out the shower curtain and shouted "HEY!", at the top of my lungs- they both looked at my with pure shock on their faces (or, I think I may have reminded them of their mother!"

I told Cooper I was shocked at how he was behaving with Santa watching. He stopped crying for a minute, but started up again when Jack said something to the affect, of "Yea, Cooper, you aren't getting any toys now!"

the following conversation ensued..(mind you, I am still in the shower, yelling at them from behind the curtain!)

Me: Cooper, you have 30 seconds to compose yourself, or I am calling Santa!

Coop (with tears in his eyes and a smirk on his face): Yea, but you don't have his numbers

Me: Oh yes I do! Your mom gave it to me!

Cooper's entire face instantly fell as he contemplated the idea that his mom had given me Santa's digits- he quickly apologized to Jack,and begged me not to call Santa!

I was quite impressed with my ability to think on my feet..and than smiled the rest of my shower that "calling santa" crap still works!

1 comment:

Ella's Mom said...

LOL
I totally use to use that when I was babysitting. Well, that is until one mother (who always had a stick up her butt over one thing or another) asked me not to lie to her children. Nice.