Thursday, October 30, 2008

Puppies, Underwear and Vets

I came home yesterday and was greeted with a fowl smell when I opened out front door. Immediately knowing what the smell was, the next thing to do was to check the puppies in their crates to see which one had left me such a wonderful surprise.

I will spare you the details, but it wasn't pleasant, and I found a sock or some sort of clothing that one of the puppies had thrown up. I was glad she had thrown it up vs. the expensive alternative of a stomach blockage.

Later, we left for a few hours and I returned to the same welcoming smell. This time I found a half eaten pair of underwear in the debris of the crate.

This morning I took the puppy to the vet for her spay. He was kind enough to call to let us know that they surgery had gone well, but also left a message saying" Please call, we found something else"...that something else was a pair of panties...mostly likely a thong...in her stomach.

I will be wearing a hat and dark glasses when I go to retrieve her tomorrow!

3 comments:

molly said...

OK I am peeing my pants and so happy to know that I'm not the only dog owner who had this happen...Our chesapeake bay retriever did the same thing. I made Derek go get her. Awesome post!

Nikki said...

Bree - when you have 10 dogs in one house, this is bound to happen. Good Lord.

Happy Fun Pants said...

OH MY GOSH!

That is too funny! :)