Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Our Celebration

I am not going to lie, missing Dad was a huge part of this weekend. There were a lot of tears, but there was also a lot of joy, mostly in part to these three beautiful souls:




Our family looks like this now...one is missing, one is new. The Lord works in mysterious ways.



This girl got a lot of attention this year. I am so thankful for her and for the joy she brings to the family.










Here is my best present:





Syd received the most thoughtful gift from Auntie Nik and Uncle Mike. This says, " If you can read, you can do anything"- Grandpa Munger. This was a saying that Dad always said to us our entire lives. It will now hang in Syd's room as a wonderful representation of her Grandpa.



Jack & Coop love our girl and it fills my heart when they ask if they can hold her or when I see them sneak a kiss. Precious!




My Mom worked with Mike to create beautiful bound books for Nik and I that are filled with all of the Caring Bridge entries, the letters that were read at Dad's funeral and some pictures of that day. I will forever treasure this keepsake.


Life sure has changed since last Christmas...in ways that I could never have imagined. I am so thankful for all that we've been blessed with and pray that the coming year brings more healing.










No comments: