Monday, February 14, 2011

My Love Letter


Dear Bri,

I was watching the Today Show this morning and George and Barbara Bush were being interviewed about their collection of love letters they have sent to one another over the years. As George was reading one of the notes, he started to cry. So, as you might guess, I started to cry too. How could you not? I love that after being married for 49 years, he still cries because he is so overcome with his love for his wife.

I think that is how we will be. Not that you will cry while reading our flirty email exchanges from late 2006, but I know they will make us smile. They will make us remember how we were when we were young, carefree and hoping to fall in love.

You sent me some of those emails last week and I found myself laughing out loud. It seems so long ago. We've been through a lot since than. Life isn't as carefree but with each day I love you more and that says something!

I hope you know how much I love you as my friend and as my husband. You make me feel so loved and so beautiful. I am so thankful God made you for me.

I know I am sassy, inpatient, have a mouth like a trucker, and am easily annoyed a lot of the time, so thanks for being my Valentine in spite of those things. That is not lost on me.

I am excited for our date tonight and the exciting news that is bound to be coming our way.

Love,

Me

No comments: