Friday, February 4, 2011

Date Night at the Tattoo Parlor

Mr. Dew loves tattoos. Mrs. Dew isn't a big fan. I mean, not a big enough fan to get one myself. Not to mention my mom would kill me if I got one (yes, at 36 I still fear my mom)

When we met, Brian was wearing 3 tattoos. We were "on a break" for two weeks early into our relationship and it was during this time that #4 appeared on his body. And not only did it appear, it takes up a ton of space....shoulder to elbow.

It's a tree. A huge freaking tree. The meaning is something along the lines of his ability to survive the seasons of life.

He adores it. People who like tattoos adore it.

I make fun of it every chance I get.

That said, I can appreciate he likes the art of tattoos and for xmas I gave him money to a multi hour session with his tattoo guy. The session begins tonight.

I hear the tree is really going to come to life tonight . I am still lobbying for a picture with our names like this:


I have been turned down quite a few times. Apparently the only names going into "The Tree" are those of our children.

I will admit I have half interested in seeing what this hoopla is all about.

Pictures of the masterpiece to follow fo sho!

No comments: