Tuesday, June 29, 2010

More sharing

You all know I am a big mouth, an open book and I cope with the struggles in my life by sharing them….even if you don’t want to hear. I debated posting this note because it feels like all I do is write doom and gloom posts, but if this blog is about my life, than this post is too.

As soon as I got done declaring on this blog that our last baby attempt had failed, we learned I was in fact pregnant. It was a wonderful Father’s Day present to Brian. But as quickly as we learned the good news, we also than quickly learned I would be losing the pregnancy. Bloodtests were abnormal and I received a call that I would be likely miscarrying within the week. We were in total shock- our good fortune had hardly had enough time to sink in and than we had to immediately try to wrap our heads around the fact that I would be spending the week waiting for a miscarriage.

This latest miscarriage is bringing with it so many of more emotional fears. You don’t have 3 miscarriages in a 16 month time span and not really begin to fear that carrying a child isn’t a possibility. How many times do you keep trying? As a woman, how do you ever forgive your body? But the absolute hardest question is, How do you ever wrap your head around the fact that you may never see a baby that has your red hair, or your husbands beautiful eyes?

We most certainly do not have the answers yet, and who knows, maybe we never will. I guess in all of this I never really thought about the grieving process we would go through when a decision to stop medical treatments actually happened.

We are certainly looking forward to the next 6 month break. It couldn't have come at a better time.

Day by day we go...

ps- News like this makes for nights like Saturday- Thanks Cecchini's for taking our minds off (literally off) all of our problems!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We love you both and if we could take away the pain we would in a heartbeat. Corey and I are here for you two...to talk, laugh or get so drunk that we produce pictures like the ones below. Someday we will look back at this time in our lives and it will all make sense. I am here for you - for whatever you need. Hugs!!