Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day


I figured Mother's Day would be hard on me with all that we've been through. Mother's Day 2009 everyone kept saying, "Next year we will be Bree will be here with her babies!". It was really sad to realize we still aren't there a whole year later.

We started our day off with a great service at Greenwood Community with the Polumbus'. I started crying about 1 minute into the service and pretty much did not stop. I am pretty sure I saw Babycakes tear up too. It was a wonderful service in which we celebrated Moms, but I loved that they acknowledged those that don't have the perfect reasons to celebrate- those of us who want to be a mom, those who have lost their mothers and even those that don't have the desired relationship with their mothers. I saw a lot of tears in just the few pews around us, so I am sure there were many more throughout the church.

After church we headed to the Springs to celebrate with the family. My mom handed me a card on when we arrived and told me to read it later and I quickly put it in my purse knowing tears would be flowing again if I didn't. We had yummy ribs and hamburgers- the house was filled with our dearest family & friends. It was pure chaos, as usual.

When we hit the road back to Denver I opened the card and found these sweet words from my incredible Mom:

Dear Bree-


Sometimes in life we get things we ask for, and sometimes get things we don't ask for. I'm so very proud of your strength and courage in your attempt to have a child. A person's character really shows under adversity and you've proven how strong and loving you are.

I'm so blessed to have you as my daughter.

My prayers are always there for the gift of life for you and Brian.

All my love, Mom




Here we are, supposed to be celebrating her and she instinctively knows I am hurting and writes me a note to let me know how much I am loved. I am such a lucky girl. I hope Iam half the Mother she is.

No comments: