Sunday, June 28, 2009

My 100th Happy Ending

I've been fostering giant breeds for 4 years now and it has been one of the most fulfilling things I've ever done. I wanted to make a difference, I wanted to do something outside of punching the clock day in and day out.

Not many people get it, my family thinks I'm crazy, but helping to rehabilitate and rehome these dogs got me through some tough times- a breakup that I would I never heal from, the loss of a job, and than a few more breakups- it gave me something else to focus on. Heck, how can you focus on a boy when a dog is literally eating through a bedroom door?


Even Brian thought I was a bit crazy when we met, but Brian knew the dogs were part of the package, so he jumped in feet first. He has graciously allowed me to continue to open our door to dogs in needs, and has sacrificed a lot so I can do what I love.


Brian and I decided it is now time to take a break from fostering as we move into the next phase of our lives. In doing so, I realized that our last foster, Gracie the Great Dane, was my 100th foster, my 100th saved life!


Gracie was adopted my a wonderful family who had adopted from us in the past, and here is her success photo. In fact, this family adopted 2 Danes from us this week- Gracie & Mack!


It it great to go out on a good note!

Gracie, Michael her new dad, Susan her new mom, Chelsea & Mack

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You are awesome Bree! What you have done over the last several years is something to feel extremely proud of.