Saturday, April 4, 2009

What I am going to be looking at next weekend....

I thought I should post about something other than our fertility drama, and can't think of anything better than our trip next week.

It has been 14 months in the making, but as of next weekend, this is what I am going to wake up to each morning.

We fly to Norfolk, VA on Saturday where we will spend the night at a hotel with my sister's family and meet up with the Welsh family. On Sunday, we pick up our rental cars and head to the Southern Shores in North Carolina where the Odoms will join our fabulous crew.

We are looking forward to our week of relaxation- us adults want to visit the different beaches and lighthouses, the little boys are excited to visit some sort of Monster Truck show and the alligator park. Melissa found a local babysitter, so we are taking full advantage of two nights out for just the adults. Otherwise, we have no plans and will take day as it meets us.

The only downfall to this trip is that the Phillips have decided not to join us- but we have assured them their punishment will be multiple texts and drunk dials to remind them "how much they suck", in the words of my brother-n-law!

This trip is exactly what the doctor ordered. I can't wait to spend some time alone with Babycakes.

No comments: