Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Cooper



Coop,

You turn 5 today...I can hardly believe it. You are a real "big boy", where did our baby go?

You had a big year- you learned to ski, you learned to write your name, you found your first girlfriend in Riley, and you gained an Uncle.

Right before our wedding in August, you told me that I shouldn't marry Uncle Brian. When I asked why you told me it was because you wanted to marry me. I told you I thought you had plans to marry Riley, which you confirmed, but than told me you wanted to marry us both. You also than reminded me that I always tell you and Jack "I love you more than anyone in this whole world!". Which is true, I do. But I explained I loved Uncle Brian in a different way, and that I really wanted to marry him. So, you and I struck a deal...I promised that I would have a piece of my heart that would only ever belong to you and Jackey Boy. You replied with, "Just for us? Not for anyone else? Not for any dogs, or other kids or Uncle Brian?" I said yes, and a big smile spread across your face. We than agreed not to tell Uncle Brian or Riley about our special secret.

Later that day, as you ran by me you stopped and said, "Auntie B, I love Uncle Brian too. You can get married!"...and off you went.

Coopey, I hope you know how much we love you. I hope you know that my life was forever changed the day Jackey was born, and again the day you were born. I hope you know that you fill our hearts, and make us so very proud.

We can't wait to see what you accomplish this coming year!

All my love,

Auntie B

No comments: