Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day



Yesterday,  I celebrated my first Mother’s Day. It was a long hard fought battle to be able to celebrate this day. The battle is as much of my story as are the days since the birth of my daughter. One story certainly does not exist without the other.

These days, I don’t spend too much time thinking about my journey to Motherhood. It is almost like it was erased as soon as she was born…a parting gift. But when my mind does wander back there, I am pretty amazed at what we went through. I am amazed at our strength, our perseverance, our un willingness to give up…all three qualities that we will use to parent our beautiful baby girl.

But mostly, mostly I am amazed by the love I feel for Syd. She is this little perfect human…part Brian, part me. I drink her in. I stare at her features. Every day I honestly cannot believe she is mine. When she grins her big toothless grin at me, I literally have a physical reaction of happiness.

I really feel like the luckiest girl, or Mom, in the world!

No comments: