Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day and everything in between

This poor blog is being neglected. Do I really want to complain about the Dew Kitchen Disaster 2011 with all of the things we have going on with my Dad? It seems silly when something so serious is hanging over me.

Bottom line is a month ago we found a leak in the hose to the ice maker. It had been going on for months and caused tons of damage. Our kitchen/house has been a wreck . There has been mold, an insurance fight, more dust and debris that you can imagine, stress, arguments and holes in our floor. It also required a 4 day move out of our home- our entire home. 2 humans, 5 dogs. Thanks to the Cecchini's for taking Mr Dew and the girls.

I went to Colo Spgs with Lily to stay with my parents. I am so thankful for that time. Dad and I had good talks- some light in nature and some very sad ones. I did my best to hold it together while with him.

On Mother's Day the whole family got together. Nik and I have been working on a video of his life and played it for everyone. Not a dry in the house- when Garth Brook's" The Dance" came on and I saw my Dad start sobbing it was all she wrote. The house came crumbling down.

When the video ended, my Mom got up and hugged my Dad. I thought I could hear my heart break.

When I left for the day I hugged Dad and when I pulled away he had tears streaming down his face. Cue the crying...again. I told him " Dad, please don't cry. I will be back this weekend." and hugged him again. He held me tight and kissed my cheek. I cried most of the drive back to Denver.

My mom continues to amaze me. I told her that she is the best example of what a Mother and Wife should be. If I become half the woman she is, I will have turned out pretty good. It was a more subdued Mother's Day than most, but one that will stay with me forever.

No comments: