Thursday, September 30, 2010

Brad, Hootie & The A Team

Nik and Mike were married for 8 years before I met Brian. Those were 8 long years as me as their third wheel, as their sidekick. The day before our wedding I had lunch with just Nik and Mike at our favorite Dillon, CO lakeside cottage restaurant. Mike toasted "the last lunch".

This past weekend we went to see Brad Paisley and Darrius Rucker. Realizing there was no way Scooter Boy could hack rolling through Fiddlers Green, he was left only to a small pre party prior to the concert.

After we kissed BDew goodbye, the three of us started our walk to the amphitheatre

Me: "Hey, it's just like old times..just the three of us!"

Mike: "The A Team is back together!"

So, off we went...the A Team....just like the good ole' days.

Darrius, aka Hootie, opened up. He ROCKED the house. New songs and old. I love him as a country artist, but those old Hootie songs brought a huge smile to my face. It took me right back to Boulder and my AXO days.


Speaking of AXO....we got to see our old sorority sisters Ally and Ang...girls a few years younger than me. We did our best to corrupt them, but I was glad to see they are still the same beautiful girls they always were (now both Mothers to 3)

Brad put on a great show as usual...even venturing out to those of us who buy the cheap seats.


It was a gorgeous Colorado night, live music, cold beers...the only thing missing was Mr. Dew

No comments: