Saturday, September 20, 2008

Then there were 4...


For the last nine years, since Nik and Mike got married, it has always been the three of us- the three of us at dinner, the three of us at at the movies, the three of us laughing over beers.

Two days before our wedding, I was at lunch with Nik and Mike...again, the three of us. Half way through lunch Mike said, "Do you realize this is the last time it will just be the three of us?". It brought a huge smile to my face for the obvious reason of my marrige to Brian, but also because it was clear Mike and Nik were so happy for me and happy to count Brian as one of our own.

Last night, we all went to the Toby Keith Concert. As usual, we had a ton of fun. Half way through the concert I looked around and thought, "It's the 4 of us now." I finally found my guy, and Nik and Mike can finally stop worrying about my love life. I love that we are all going to grow old together, vacation together, raise our children together. It's a pretty cool team, if you ask me!

No comments: