Thursday, September 18, 2008

Blogging...

Thanks to Nikki, I have become semi-obsessed with blogs. I find myself disappointed if I pop into a friend's blog only to find the last post I read a few days prior.

Nik also deserves credit for sending me blogs of complete strangers who, in one way or another, are suffering some sort of tragedy within their lives. I almost feel weird reading these people's stories, but also realize they are sharing their stories for a reason.

There is on blog in particular, http://www.tysonaschliman.blogspot.com/ that I read all the time. It is written by a father of a 3 year old, who recently lost his wife to cancer. Rarely a day passes where I don't check it, and rarely a day passes where I don't end up tears after reading it. That said, his message is incredible and his honest struggle to move on with his life is moving.

It is a daily reminder that my troubles are really not that significant, and that I should live in the moment with my wonderful husband,family & friends. I forget to do that much, much too often.

No comments: