Monday, January 21, 2008

Taking Stock


How often do you take stock of what you have? It became very clear to me last night that I do not do it enough.


Brian and I went to Nik's house last night to have a family dinner to celebrate our birthdays. Us girls sat in the kichen, wine glass in hand, gossiping and solving the worlds problems. We shared some secrets, played therapist, and talked a lot about the wedding.


Over my shoulder my dad, uncle, Brian and Great Granny watched football...yelling, cheering & dancing (Bri)!


We had a great time, as I always do with my family. It is chaos, we most always argue over something, we always eat an hour later than we say we are going to, & one of my nephews always ends up on the floor crying over something, but there is more love than you could ask for. It is very subtle, but very much a staple in our gatherings.


Great Granny is not doing incredibly well, and I think we all quietly worry about what is next. Nik made sure to get a good picture of Brian and I with her before we left- it sounds morbid, but something I am glad she did.


It was just one of those great nights where I was so thankful for who I belong to.


1 comment: