Thursday, March 13, 2014

38 Weeks, 6 days

When you are first pregnant and at the later stages, the "days" in your calculation of how pregnant you are really do count.  It makes you feel better, it makes you feel like you are making progress.

I never got this far with Syd. I had her at 38 weeks on the dot.  With Syd I had horrible heartburn and really bad carpal tunnel. Thankfully my heartburn with this guy is manageable and no carpal tunnel (that seriously was awful). However, the last week the pain and pressure I feel in out of control.  I am walking like a 90 year old lady and before going anywhere think through how far I will have to walk and if it's worth it! Nights are the worst. I am bent over, deep breathing through the pain while Brian and Syd just stare at me.

We spent a little time in L&D on Sunday after I couldn't get him to move, regardless of what I tried. Everything was fine but it is always a little unsettling. Brian called it "Our Dry Run".  I went in for my weekly appt on Tuesday and again, he was hard to find on the monitor so I got a full ultrasound. He is breech (again) and the Tech was nice enough to flip on the 3D and we got a few great pics. This is one of them that brought tears to my eyes because it looks so much like Syd's 3D. It made it real. I am so anxious to see what he looks like in "real life".

My blood pressure was a little high so they ran some bloodworm as a precaution. Everything looked normal but they are having me come in tomorrow before we head into the weekend just to make sure there aren't any dramatic changes.

If all is normal tomorrow, than we are set to deliver on Monday....3 days away. It is so surreal.

I am equal parts excited & equal parts terrified!!


No comments: