Monday, December 23, 2013

Making Memories

Halloween and Christmas have taken on a sense of meaning for me. I've never really loved Halloween- it is the holiday that I have to get through to get to Christmas. However this year it was totally different. Syd and Charlie had so much fun. The laughing, running, little hands knocking on doors. It made me so happy and I had the realization that I am now seeing these Holidays through the eyes of a child, and quite frankly, there isn't anything better.

While Syd definitely doesn't have a full appreciation of Christmas, she is very into Santa Claus ( in theory- but she'd  prefer if you didn't put her on his lap!). We went to Hudson Gardens this past weekend and I told Bri it should be our tradition every year- the weekend before Xmas to go there.

It was cold & snowy. It was beautiful. Syd ran like a maniac, we chased her drinking our hot cocoa & cider.  I smiled the whole time.



No comments: