Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The presence of his absence is everywhere ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

I love this quote. I saw it right before Christmas and it said everything that I was feeling.

Dad's been on my mind a lot these last few days. While he is never far from my thoughts, he has had a loud presence recently. Maybe he's hanging around, spending some time with his beautiful granddaughter?

We had Syd's 3 months photos taken this past weekend by Char at Trystan Photography who shot our engagement and wedding photos. The last time I saw Char was when she took our family photo in November 2010. Nik and I had arranged it, knowing it might be our last chance at a professional family photo. Maybe it was seeing her and thinking about how much our family had changed since our last meeting?

Missing you, Dad.

No comments: