Saturday, March 8, 2008

Saying Goodbye





We said goodbye to our sweet Dutchie Dew on Wednesday night ( 3-6-08). Even though she had been the vet not even a week earlier, Bri and I both just had a gut feeling something was not right. When Rand came to the house, she listened to Dutchie's heart and it was racing at 180 bpm. She agreed that Dutchie's condition had worsened.



Surrounded by love, Dutchie peacefully left us. It was heartwrenching, and Brian shocked us all by how emotional be became while saying goodbye. It was the right thing to do for Dutchie, and I think letting her leave with dignity is the greatest act of love!

1 comment:

Ella's Mom said...

I teared up as I read this. Taking Dutchie in at the end of her life was a very compassionate thing to do. I'm sure her last few weeks were some of the most love-filled weeks of her life. She was lucky to have found you both. Now she's off to the great big doggy park in the sky...