Monday, December 17, 2012

Sandy Hook

Friday we were all horrified to learn of the school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, CT. I was obsessed with news coverage all weekend. I cried over and over again each time I watched but couldn't seen to turn my eyes away.  I am literally sick at the events and I honestly cannot even imagine how those parents are coping.

SJ woke me up at 12:30 on Friday night....just another night in a long week of sleepless nights due to her being sick. As soon as I heard her, I jumped out of bed...so thankful that I have a baby calling for me. When I got back in bed, I couldn't sleep. It was now 2:35am CT time, what were those 20 Mothers doing? Were they sleeping? Could they sleep? Were they able to even leave the school, knowing their babies were still inside? Brian and I both discussed how we wouldn't be able to physically leave.

President Obama said it best when he quoted the saying that when you have a child, you begin to wear your heart outside of your body....your most precious and vital organ, on the outside of your body. Any of you Mothers out there reading this right now probably agree.

My heart just aches for these family and can only imagine what the coming weeks and months will bring....including Christmas, which is almost too much to bare.

God Bless you Sandy Hook!



No comments: