Thursday, July 28, 2011

Saying goodbye....again

This weekend the family is heading to the mountains, a favorite weekend get away for all of us...even tho I can't tell you the last time we all managed to be up there at the same time. But this weekend, it is a priority for us all. Mom, The Zemans, Aunt Denise & Woo....we are going to celebrate Dad and say goodbye...again.

We rented a house in Breck (cue Dad rolling over in his grave since we have a perfectly fine condo in Frisco). Pool, more rooms....a perfect get away for our family. We will grill, swim, shop and than take a special hike to leave Dad in one of his most favorite places.

I talked to Mom yesterday who is already up there. I asked her if she was sad to be up there without Dad and she burst into tears, than I burst into tears. I have found that lately that I will be cruising thru life and than burst into hard tears if anything having to do with my Dad comes up. I asked her to please stop crying and to remember all of the memories we have up there with him are GREAT memories. " I know, " she said," But I just miss him so much."

We all miss him so much, but I feel so awful for my Mom. Nik and I still have our husbands and our lives. She is left to start totally new.

I am sure this weekend will be tough on us all. But I am so thankful that we all live so close so we can do things like this together as a family.

I am not sure any of us will ever be able to wrap our arms around this new family of ours. But I hopeful that it will get easier. I am hopeful the tears won't sit so close to the surface.

No comments: